Novalis Treatment Guide
Use this Novalis treatment guide to learn more about Novalis Radiosurgery Program at NWH.
Here at NWH, we're taking advantage of the ground-breaking Novalis Radiosurgery System to provides our patients with safe, non-invasive radiation treatments. The benefits of the Novalis System include:
- Precise, targeted delivery of the radiation beam using 3-D imaging to protect surrounding tissue and achieve optimal results
- Real-time adaptive technology monitors patient vital signs and movements, allowing surgeons to adjust the radiation strength during the actual treatment
- Novalis eliminates the need for a skull frame, helping to make radiation more comfortable for patients with brain tumors
- Treatments can take as little as 15 minutes, and no anesthesia or incisions are needed
- Patients are usually able to return to their regular daily activities within 24 hours of their Novalis treatment
Novalis treatments can be either delivered in a single dose, or a series of treatments. In some cases, our radiosurgery specialists are able to use the Novalis System to treat tumors that are otherwise deemed to be untreatable using conventional radiation, open surgery, or medications.
We're proud to bring ground-breaking technologies like the Novalis Radiosurgery System to our patients here at Northern Westchester Hospital, where we're changing lives daily.
If you have further questions about the information in our Novalis treatment guide, contact us at 914.242.8113 to schedule a consultation with one of our radiosurgery specialists.