Gamma Knife Treatment Guide
Use this Gamma Knife Radiation treatment guide to learn more about Gamma Knife Radiosurgery at NWH.
Gamma Knife Perfexion Treatment provides a multitude of benefits for patients:
- A painless treatment technique designed specifically to treat the brain and its surrounding structures, NOT other areas of the body
- A single (one day), outpatient treatment session; no need for multiple days or weeks of treatment
- A rapid return to pretreatment activities or lifestyle, typically in 24-72 hours, requiring little to no rehabilitative services
- A treatment covered by most health and medical insurance companies, including Medicare
- No general anesthesia or incisions, eliminating the risks inherent to both
- An FDA approved and evidence-based therapy with more than 40 years of research and use
- A highly accurate treatment with a guaranteed accuracy of better than 0.5 mm
- Can treat multiple areas with efficiency and ease in one session
- A specially trained, expert multidisciplinary treatment team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, oncologists and brain tumor surgeons, involved throughout the treatment process
If you would like more information about Gamma Knife radiosurgery or would like to be reviewed for candidacy by our Gamma Knife Treatment Team, please call our Gamma Knife Center at 914.242.8113.