Brain Tumor Symptoms
The Radiosurgery Department at Northern Westchester Hospital provides world-class expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of challenging conditions, including brain tumor symptoms. Our multi-disciplinary team includes neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, and neuro-oncologists, as well as registered nurses, medical technicians and rehabilitation specialists.
We use ground-breaking technologies such as the Gamma Knife Perfexion stereotactic radiosurgery to deliver safe, highly accurate and non-invasive treatments for brain tumors.
Call the Brain Tumor Program at NWH for more information or to schedule a consultation, 914.242.8113.
Brain Tumor Symptoms
When a tumor develops in, or around, your brain, you may experience any number of symptoms such as:
- Headaches that become more frequent and severe over time
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Difficulty with your vision, including double-vision and reduced peripheral vision
- Trouble with your balance
- Hearing problems
- Changes in your personality
- Loss of sensation in your arms and/or legs
If you experience any of these symptoms, speak with your primary care physician immediately, or seek help at your local emergency department.
Comprehensive Diagnosis and Treatment of Brain Tumors
A brain tumor or brain cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming to face. Having a great team in your corner can help make your diagnosis more bearable.
We put an interdisciplinary team of top brain tumor experts behind every single brain cancer patient. Your team will create a plan to get you well, and help you get the most out of life.
Latest technology. Close to home.
Whether you have a malignant (cancerous) or non-malignant (non-cancerous) brain tumor, you will be provided the best treatment possible, including non-invasive radiosurgery techniques and technologies. Our brain tumor specialists at Northern Westchester Hospital are world leaders in the Gamma Knife Perfexion stereotactic radiosurgery, which gives our patients access to ground-breaking brain tumor treatments close to home.
Brain Tumors and Conditions Typically Treated With Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Include:
- Benign and malignant spine tumors
- Tumors that may otherwise be inoperable tumors
- Metastatic brain tumors from a variety of primary cancers such as breast, lung, colon, kidney, and skin cancer
- Benign brain tumors such as meningiomas, acoustic neuromas, or pituitary adenomas
- Malignant primary brain tumors such as high grade glial or glomus tumors
- Vascular malformations in the brain such as arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) or cavernous malformations
- Functional diseases of the brain such as trigeminal neuralgia facial pain (tic douloureux)
By bringing together world-leading medical experts and ground-breaking technologies, we're changing lives here at Northern Westchester Hospital.
To learn more about our comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for patients with brain tumor symptoms, call us at 914.242.8113 or click here.